Crisis Communication & Media Handling
Effective crisis communications skills are essential during times of crises and disasters. This would ensure that staff and visitors know what to do and that all precautions and safety procedures in place are followed. As a result, this could increase your organisation’s prestige and reputation.
Using a mix of case studies and role-play, you would be able to understand what needs to be communicated during emergencies, what should be communicated and how to communicate. Also learn to prepare a crisis communication plan and pick up the required skills.
At the end of this course, you will be able to :
- Identify the Crisis Communications teams and understand their different roles & responsibilities
- Identify target audiences
- Manage the media, public and related spokespersons during times of crisis
- Develop and manage the crisis communications plan
- Identify crisis scenarios
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of the crisis communications team
- Classify the types of target audience to communicate to
- Prepare a list of media, public and related spokespersons contacts
- Learn to manage the different target audience
- Understand the crisis communications process
- Learn about different types of scenarios through case studies
- Understand the different areas to take note of in a crisis communications plan
- Develop the crisis communications plan
- (Hands-on) Learn about handling different crisis situations through role-play
Course Duration & Conduct
Duration: 1 days
9 am – 5 pm (including 1-hour lunch break)
Conduct of course: Classroom or Online Training Available
– Classroom Training will be held in Kuala Lumpur unless otherwise stated below.
– Online Live Training will be held via Zoom
- New Crisis Communications team members, Business Continuity and Enterprise Risk Management team members, public relations personnel and individuals who are assigned to draft the Crisis Communications plan for their organization
- Those who are interested in crisis communications procedures are also encouraged to join this course.
|Type of Fees||Fees (include 6% SST)|
|Early Bird fee|
Register 4 weeks before the course start date
|Normal Fee||RM 2,703|
This course is a HRD Corp Claimable! Contact us to learn more about the grant.
Click on the dates below to register for the training